They say that health is wealth. The duty of taking care of your body is all yours. Cholesterol and oil are suitable for the body. There is, however, a thin line where the good fades into bad when consumed in excess. Life-threatening conditions like obesity and atherosclerosis are only a few of the many consequences. If there’s a chance to consume less oil while frying turkey, take it. This is what the best oil less turkey fryers afford.
Let’s bring to the light of best gears when it comes to oil less turkey fryer reviews, followed by some essential Infotainment and FAQs.
Best Rated Oil Less Turkey Fryer Reviews
1. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Oil-Less Turkey Fryer
If you know Char-Broil, you’ll know they produce anything but sometimes sub-standard cooking devices. They’re not about to let you down this time. This oil-less fryer thrives on infrared technology. Its 16000 BTU burner is efficient for even cooking.
- Weight: 29.9 pounds
- Dimensions: 16 x 16 x 24.5 inches
- Manufacturer: Char-Broil
Infrared Technology: This allows the fryer to retain turkey juices. Turkey never tasted this good!
16000 BTU: This value is pretty high for an oil-less turkey fryer. Such an efficient burner will deliver evenly-cooked foods without fail. It also translates into meaning that there is reduced time for food preparation.
Large capacity: Many fryers sacrifice even cooking for enlarged space. This is not the case here. Here, you can fry turkey that weighs up to 16lb and still have some space left over. It’s called Big Easy for something!
- It’s not necessary to heat an empty chamber beforehand. Peradventure you need to, the Big Easy warms up in about only 60 seconds.
- Cleanliness is prioritized since there’s a small container to collect drippings from cooking.
- It’s some heavy-duty. You cannot use it as frequently as you would love to.
- Cleaning the Big Easy after use can be very difficult. This is especially true concerning the basket and cooking pot.
Big Easy is beyond doubt one of the best oil-less turkey fryers in the market. With 16 000 BTU burners, the Big Easy prepares your turkey in a shorter time – in about 2 hours. This is about 50% of the traditional 4 hours an oven will require. With Big Easy, you get good value for your money (and it’s cheap!).
What recent customers report:
The Char-Broil Big Easy is all good news from recent customers. They all agree that it makes the tastiest chicken with the least oil content. It’s so good, many of them say it’s the best investment they’ve made on a cooking appliance. Some recommended an accompanying instruction manual since it is quite difficult to piece together.
2. Masterbuilt Oil-Free Electric Turkey Fryer
Masterbuilt – MB23010809 oil-less fryer is a Chinese product with equally impressive features. It’s the only reason it made this list.
- Weight: 23.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 16.36 x 16.45 x 16.93 inches
- Manufacturer: Masterbuilt
1. Double-wall construction: With a double-wall structure, the heat inside stays inside, and the exterior remains cool.
2. Inbuilt wood chip box: Many people argue that oil-less-fried foods do not have the same flavor as deep-fried foods. This is highly debatable. Nonetheless, this disappears once you cook the turkey with a few wood chips in the chamber.
3. 1650 watt-electric element: The maximum turkey size most oil-less fryers can accommodate is 16lb. This heater can prepare 18lbs!
- It has a portable design
- It has a thermostat temperature regulator.
- Regardless that it can handle an 18Ib turkey, you don’t want to exceed a 12Ib limit.
- You can only use it outdoor.
The 1650 watt heating element makes you want to fall in love. The presence of a wood chip box shows their concern about user satisfaction. Its small size and presence of a drip pan make it very convenient to use.
What recent customers report:
All recent customers agree that it is a great oil-less fryer. It cooks the turkey perfectly without drying it out. One thing is sure; however – folks aren’t so happy about the wood chip box. They say it’s a joke and is as good as not being there since it imparts no flavor to the turkey.
3. NESCO ITR-01 Digital Infrared Upright Turkey Roaster
The Nesco oil-less fryer has a central heating element. This significantly improves uniform cooking. It has a glass viewing cover that allows you to monitor your turkey easily.
- Weight: 19.25 pounds
- Dimensions: 18.7 x 18.78 x 17.95 inches
- Manufacturer: NESCO(R)
Stainless steel construction: Stainless steel remains the best material for cooking wares and devices. This fryer is, therefore, more durable than most.
Seamless temperature control: The fryer comes with preset high/low heat options. It also has a digital control panel. Everything digital is easy to use.
Infrared Technology: This is enough guarantee of having juicy and tasty turkey.
- Side handles allow for easy and safer transport from place to place.
- The removable cooking stand is dishwasher safe.
- Asides the drip tray it has, the interior is easy to clean.
- The size is too big. It looks like a grossly magnified cooking pot.
The Nesco oil-less fryer is easy to clean, easy to carry, and easy to regulate. All the extra features it has provides users with all the convenience they may need. We like that they make life easy. The giant size is, however, the elephant in the room.
What recent customers report:
The NESCO infrared turkey roaster has secured an enviable spot in the hearts of many users. It is spacious and cooks a 16-pound turkey in only about an hour. Many complain, however, that it is indeed too big to handle. With temperatures only preset to high and low, regulation is also difficult.
4. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared 3-in-1
Char-Broil at it again! This time, it’s a 3-in-1 package. Why have separate roasters, grills, and smokers when you can have them in the same appliance? With this fryer, Char-Broil efficiently condenses the powers of all three in one.
- Weight: 22.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 23.1 x 23.4 x 36.2 inches
- Manufacturer: Char-Broil
12000 square inches basket: This is unarguably one of the largest oil-less fryers you’ll see. It can accommodate up to a whopping 25 lbs. This, by far, exceeds the 16-lb limit for most others.
Infrared Technology: Infrared heat cooks to preserve food juices. Beyond securing a tasty meal, infrared heat also ensures even cooking.
9000 – 180000 BTU: This range is wider than most you’ll see in other devices. With temperatures reaching 18 000 BTUs, turkey is ready in the shortest time possible.
- It has a smoker box for that desired deep-fried flavor and more.
- A removable grease tray makes cleanup and disposal very easy.
- It has side handles for convenient transportation.
- It has a 180 square inch grill with an infrared cooking surface.
- The smoker box is difficult to pull in and out once filled with wood chips. It is quite small too.
- The drip tray doesn’t fit well.
Char-Broil has a reputation, and they seem never to disappoint. Not everyone can pull off the feat of combining three independent devices in one. Hence, we believe that whatever assembling errors that might have occurred is pardonable. It does a good job of smoking, roasting, and grilling. That’s all that matters.
What recent customers report:
It’s the three-headed monster! Many customers are pleased with the efficiency of this device. They appreciate that Char-Broil didn’t sacrifice versatility for efficiency. Thanksgiving turkey has never tasted better. On so many levels, many people say it is the best turkey. Despite its efficiency and complexity, it’s effortless to piece and handle too.
Oil Free Turkey Fryer Infotainment
What is an Oil-less Turkey Fryer?
We’ll tell you upfront that an oil-less turkey fryer is not so oil-less after all. To get it to function effectively, it needs an oil, albeit in very minimal quantity. On this premise, the major thing you should know about oil-less turkey fryer is that the name could be misleading.
An oil-less fryer affords you turkey with the same outcome from a deep-fry without deep frying. That’s really all it does.
What are the benefits of using an Oil-less Turkey Fryer?
From whatever perspective, oil-less frying is better than deep frying. Here are some of the most common benefits of using an oil-less turkey roaster.
The National Fire Protection Association has some alarming statistics. They say that deep-fryer fires in only a year can cause five deaths, 60 injuries, and property damage worth over $15 million. From attempting to fry your turkey, you could end up in the emergency ward of the clinic nearest to your home.
An oil-less turkey fryer makes the chances of a fire or burns injury almost impossible. This is due to the following reasons:
- You need only 20% or even less of the normal quantity of oil you’d use for deep frying. This eliminates the risk of an accident by more than 80%.
- Most oil-free turkey fryers have cooling systems that circulate cold air between the internal cooking chamber and the exterior. Regardless of how hot the inside is, the exterior remains cool. You can always grab the fryer by the body without risking a 2nd-degree burn.
2. Swifter action
It is a general belief that deep fryers work faster than oil-less fryers. This, however, is only partially true. When deep-frying, you may have to wait for as long as 10 minutes for the oil to heat up before immersing your turkey. You don’t need to wait when you’re using an oil-less fryer. The moment you close the lid of the inner chamber, your turkey starts cooking immediately. The top oil-less turkey fryers will get your turkey on the table faster.
3. Uniform cooking
When cooking, heat has varied intensity in different parts of the food. It is usually more pronounced at the center than at the edge. This is a common occurrence with most cooking methods. Oil-less frying is different.
With an oil-less fryer, you don’t need to turn your turkey from side to side. The constant speed and temperature of the moving air will ensure even cooking. The small surface areas of these compartments also make even heat distribution easy.
You need little to no experience in handling this appliance. Many of the best oil-less turkey fryers have as few as two buttons. This is only proof of how easy they are to handle.
How does an oil-less turkey fryer work?
An oil-less fryer achieves deep-fried results without deep frying. Important to the functioning of an oil-less fryer are the following:
Oil: We already explained that the oil-less fryer uses oil, only in significantly reduced quantity.
Air: Nothing special here. It’s only the gas enclosed in the cooking chamber.
Fans: They are located at the base of the cooking chamber. They blow at insanely high speeds.
Heater: The fryer heats the air in the chamber to about 392F. At temperatures around this value, the oil vaporizes. The air is now saturated with vaporized oil. The fans beneath blow this hot gaseous mixture at high and steady speeds, continuously circulating it around the turkey. Now, you see that uneven cooking is impossible since the hot mixture touches every surface of the food. The contact of the hot, vaporized oil with the turkey is how frying occurs.
How to cook turkey in an oil-less fryer
How to season oil-less turkey fryer
Seasoning your oil-less turkey fryer is a walk in the park. It is all about lining the walls of the inner cooking chamber with oil. Once you do it the first time you use the fryer, you usually might not need to do it again. Do it following these steps:
- Lightly dampen a piece of tissue paper with vegetable oil (or whatever oil you please)
- Use the tissue paper to clean the walls of the inner chamber circularly from top to bottom.
- Turn the heat to high.
Warp it Up
Oil-less fryers are no luxurious products. They are a necessity. Frying turkey with oil-less technology, you improve your life expectancy, while cooking with minimum risk. Consider purchasing one of the best oil less turkey fryers we have reviewed. It’s only a small price to pay for the greater life-long good.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What can I cook in an oil-less turkey fryer?
You can use oil-less fryers for just about anything you can bake. These include turkeys, burgers, lamb chops, and pastry, to name a few.
Q2. How long to cook turkey in an oil-less fryer?
This usually takes around two hours. Do not stop cooking until the turkey’s internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Q3. Can I re-heat turkey in an oil-less fryer?
Yes, you definitely can. Follow the same process as you would, like you were frying for the first time. Set the fryer to 350-400° and leave for a few minutes.